It was great to see you in my session this morning. I am looking forward to a great year collaborating with you in your classroom and the makerspace. A big thank you to the tech team members who had a very busy summer preparing for the opening of school.
Here are a few reminders from the tech department this year:
Help Desk is now the tool for requesting tech support (not the technology email).
Student devices will remain on campus.
Parents will be completing an acceptable use agreement in PowerSchool acknowledging that they are responsible for damage and loss of school devices (and we will be charging for damage).
The Acceptable Use Policy is now called the Responsible Use Agreement (but we will continue to use both titles).
We now have class sets of Ozobots, Spheros, & Botleys. Let's code!
Click on the new icons on your desktop if you haven't tried them already.
Introduce yourself to Yus when you see him.
More about the makerspace soon.
Below are some important links that I think you will find useful:
- Link to the tech update presentation
- Please book Steve for the RUA lesson in the first cycle. Steve's calendar
DO NOT CHANGE ANY INFORMATION (Student names, class names, adding or deleting students, etc.)
Only approve parents who are using their ISKL email. Returning parents will already be attached to their child if they used Seesaw at ISKL last year.
Go deeper with the Seesaw Learning Hub
- How to use Seesaw Messages
- Become a Seesaw Ambassador
- How to use your document camera
- Start of the year icebreakers (lots of them)
- How to add or change your Google profile photo
- NASA’s 6 Top Tools for Teaching About the James Webb Space Telescope
- Just for fun: 176 games like Wordle
I am looking forward to a stellar year collaborating with you. Below are the results of the survey from my session:
If you didn't have a chance to vote, here is the link to vote now. Please do not vote more than once.